March 6, 2019
Top 5 Neighborhood Features
We are so excited to give you a little more insight into life at Lowa 46, brand new apartments opening Summer 2019. Below is a list of our top five favorite neighborhood features.
- Minnehaha Regional Park
Lowa 46 is just an eight-minute walk to one of Minneapolis’ oldest and most popular parks! Minnehaha Regional Park features a majestic 53-foot waterfall, limestone bluffs, and river overlooks. This park has activities for everyone. Some of our favorites include snapping a photo by the falls, listening to live music at the Minnehaha Bandstand, canoeing or kayaking down the creek, and stopping for fresh seafood at Sea Salt Eatery. There’s also a free 9-hole disc golf course as well as specialty cycles available to rent. If you’re bringing your favorite pup along, be sure to check out the massive off leash dog park located off of East 54th street.
- Light Rail Access
Got a flight to catch? Avoid traffic and parking issues and take the light-rail instead! The Blue Line ride from Lowa 46 to Terminal 1 Is just eight minutes. Hopping on the light-rail at 46th Street station can also take you to U.S. Bank Stadium, Mall of America, and Target Field in just a matter of minutes.
- Amazing Cocktails & Brews
There are so many great neighborhood spots that we had a tough time narrowing this list down to just three! Here are a few of our many favorites:
- Venn Brewing Company: “From full flavored craft lagers to carefully crafted ales, our beers are meant to be enjoyed while catching up with old friends or while making new ones. We’re a local company with global inspiration and a passion for awesome beer. So swing by, belly up to the bar, and raise a glass to good times. We’ll keep the welcome mat rolled out for you.”
- Du Nord Craft Spirits: “A small batch distillery producing artisan gin, vodka, liqueurs and whiskeys. We mill, mash, and distill our products with ingredients sourced as locally as possible. We believe in transparency and honest dealing; to that end, we invite you to come visit us and see firsthand how we make our spirits in the heart of Minneapolis.”
- The Town Hall Lanes: “An old-school neighborhood bar and restaurant alongside a modern, ten-lane bowling alley. We’re proud to feature our own Town Hall Brewery beer amongst an extensive tap list and full bar. If you’re in the mood for more than a drink, our broad menu of pub fare is anchored by our house-made flatbreads and half-pound burgers. Whether you’re stopping by for a pint after work, or bringing the whole family for bowling on the weekend, we’re just happy to welcome you to our corner of the neighborhood.”
- Delicious and cozy coffee spots
Whether you work remotely, need a place to swing by on your commute, or are looking for a great weekend retreat, these three coffee houses are Lowa 46 staff favorites.
- Peace Coffee: “Joyfully roasting and pedaling organic, fair trade coffee in Minneapolis since 1996!”
- Angry Catfish Bicycle Shop + Coffee Bar: “Cultivated by the vibrant Minneapolis bicycle culture that lives on the streets, dirt, gravel, and snow that surround us. We are a collective of individuals with a like mind – bicycles are an amazing form of transportation, recreation, and fitness and when you add fantastic coffee, well, all the better.”
- Fireroast Coffee & Wine: “Specializes in direct-trade organic coffee, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, all local beer and an approachable wine list.”
- Unique Entertainment Options
Lowa 46 is located at the intersection of the Longfellow and Hiawatha neighborhoods, which means there’s a variety of local spots that make for the perfect Saturday night. Here are a few fun offerings that our residents will be sure to enjoy:
- Lock & Key Escape Room: “An Unforgettable Puzzle Filled with Adventure”
- The Hook & Ladder Theater & Lounge: “Presenting original performing arts programming; music, literary, visual, comedic, culinary, craft, & theater.”
- Riverview Theater: Featuring “everything from Hollywood’s biggest blockbusters to niche art films, all in a classic auditorium featuring new high-backed rocker seats and digital sound.”
This is just a glimpse into our amazing neighborhood. We’d love to have you join us! If you’re interested in living at Lowa 46, please reach out to us today. Our knowledgeable leasing professionals will be ready to help you find your perfect new apartment home.